I woke up this morning and checked on the bottom piece I made last night. It had dried perfectly and seems to all be pretty well lined up.
This morning I cut and assembled the first side rail. It will dovetail together with the end rail. So the construction is kind of the opposite of the end rail. The basic procedure was the same. This one is over 12" long.
You can see in the image that one side of the side rail is longer on the dovetail. That is for the top piece. It will be 2" wide. That will stabilize the dark slide Inimagine.
Now I'm off to work. Maybe tonight I can construct the second side rail.